1. Import your rails application by going to the root. Right-click the folder e.g. my_rail_app, select TortoiseSVN then click Import.
You might be required to enter Username and Password for authentication.
2. For safe keeping, rename the folder containing your Rails application e.g. my_rail_app to my_rail_app_back. Then, create new empty folder named my_rail_app.
3. Check out your rails application. Right-click the empty my_rail_app folder, select SVN Checkout.
4. Navigate to the root of this freshly checked out working copy. Go to log folder and remove all log files (temporarily moved them outside my_rail_app folder).
5. Remove log files from Subversion by selecting the log folder, right-click and select SVN Commit.